Friday, July 18, 2008

Evelyn's Ears Are Pierced!

Yesterday evening, Ryan decided to take us all out for Ritter's Frozen Custard -- some of the best custard you will ever taste! We decided to eat our custard on the umbrella-covered tables. James decided that he needed a drink, and I asked if he would take Jefferson with him. About 5 minutes later, Ryan suggested that maybe I ought to check on them, so I went inside to help facilitate the process. When I came back out, Ryan announced that Evelyn wanted to get her ears pierced!

Evelyn is going with Ryan to Uncle Bevan's graduation in 3 weeks -- yay for Uncle Bevan! He will have his Ph.D.! Anyway, I think that Ryan suggested that she might want her ears pierced for the occasion. Since we have this wonderful new outdoor mall only 5 minutes from our house and I know that they have a Claire's there, I suggested that we go there and get her ears pierced.

Of course, we didn't think of stopping back by the house to get our camera, but I took some pics this morning. She was so brave! She smiled all the way through until the first "pinch". Those of you who know Evelyn would expect very dramatic screaming and writhing, but she just cried a normal cry. You know, the kind that we all cry when we don't like something but know we have to go through it again. Not too bad at all! She even stayed still for the second ear!

Enjoy the pictures! I also included pics of her first double French braids. Those who have had girls will probably laugh at my first attempt at this, but, if it stays in until naptime, I will feel that I have had success!






She is wearing a sticker that says, "I just got my ears pierced!"

No comments: